- This Service allows users to create, a/k/a mint, POAPs (“Issuers”) and users to collect POAPs (“Collectors”). Issuers and Collectors are collective referred to as “Users.”
- The Service collects limited information from Users – generally an email address and/or Ethereum account – as further described below.
- For an overview of POAPs and the Service, please read our FAQs
- You can exercise certain rights regarding your information as described in the YOUR RIGHTS, CHOICES AND OPT OUT section below.
Voluntary: Our Service collects limited amounts of personal information from you. Personal information is that information which identifies, relates to, describes, references, or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household ("personal information"). The personal information we collect generally consists of contact information, such as email address. Such information is only collected from you when it is voluntarily provided by you, such as by contacting us with questions or minting or receiving a POAP through the use of your email address or Ethereum account.
We may work with third-party service providers, such as Google, who use the technologies described in this section to conduct analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Service. For information about Google Analytics please click on this link: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt-out of Google Analytics, please copy and paste “tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout” into your browser and download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect from you:
- To deliver our Service and its contents to you;
- To provide enabling the minting and receipt of a POAP;
- To send marketing messages to you about our services;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights;
- In any other way we may describe when we collect the information from you; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Once your information is on the blockchain as a result of getting a POAP, it will be publicly accessible and outside of our control
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. However, such parties are only authorized by us to use the information for the benefit of us;
- The contact information of a Collector may be shared by us with the applicable Issuer, with your consent;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by Company about our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any lawful government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our policies or investigate fraud; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our users, clients or others.
Browsing Information may be disclosed to any number of third parties and used for any number of purposes as long as it is not directly linked to personal information that directly identifies you.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed for us to manage and provide our services and for our business needs. Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use de-identified or aggregate data previously collected. However, you should not rely upon the Company as you sole source to store your information.
YOUR RIGHTS, CHOICES AND OPT OUT
If you are a situated in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Switzerland and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or a similar law applies to both you and the Company, as a data subject, you may have the following rights. The Company is not subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). The Company is only obligated to grant such rights when required by applicable law.
- Right to access – This right allows individuals to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed and provide access to such personal data It also allows individuals to request details of the processing of their personal data including, without limitation, categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed and purposes of processing.
- Right to rectify – This right allows individuals to rectify any inaccurate personal data about them.
- Right to restrict processing – This right allows individuals to block or suppress processing of personal data under certain circumstances.
- Right to be forgottenThis right is also known as the “right to erasure”. It is an individual’s right to have personal data erased or to prevent processing in specific circumstances.
- Right of data portabilityThis right allows individuals to move, copy or transfer personal data from one place to another in a secure manner without interrupting the integrity and usability of the information.
- Right to object to processingThis right allows individuals to object to certain types of processing, including direct marketing, profiling and providing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
POAP Inc., 82 Nassau Street #60906, New York NY 10038 [email protected], is the Controller of all personal data we collect through the Service.
We shall only process your personal data pursuant to a lawful basis, which will usually be with your consent, when we have a legitimate interest, or to perform a contract to which we are subject. Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
To exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note that in order for you to assert these rights, we may need to verify your identity to confirm your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In order to verify your identity, we may need to gather more personal data from you than we currently have.
If you are situated in the EU, UK or Switzerland and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority.
We take the security of our data and information seriously. We take what we believe are reasonable precautions to protect against unauthorized access to our systems and to prevent data from being disclosed to unauthorized parties. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Once a POAP is minted and received by a Collector, it is outside of our control and we no longer have any ability to control or monitor its use.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA / CROSS BORDER DATA TRANSFERS: